WETH, short for Wrapped ETH, is wrapped Ether (WETH) used for making offers to purchase NFTs.
What is WETH?
WETH is a form of cryptocurrency. Its primary purpose is to provide liquidity for decentralized finance (DeFi) applications on the Ethereum blockchain. It allows users to convert Ethereum into an ERC-20 token for activities such as lending, trading, providing liquidity, and more on DeFi platforms.
Please note that AlienSwap does not provide exchange services between WETH and ETH, and the WETH smart contract is not under the control of AlienSwap.
Add WETH to your wallet
By default, WETH may not appear in your wallet (taking MetaMask as an example).
To add WETH, click on the MetaMask icon in the top right corner of your browser and log in.
Select the "Tokens" tab and click "Import tokens". In the "Import tokens" search field, type "WETH" and click "Next." After confirming, go back to the "Tokens" tab, and you will see WETH displayed in your token list.
Convert ETH to WETH
1. Click the MetaMask icon on the top right corner of your browser and log in your wallet;
2. Click the "Swap" button and select the token you want to convert to WETH (in this case, ETH);
3. After confirming the correct amount and token, click "Swap". Please note that this on-chain interaction will incur gas fees.
4. Once the swap is complete, you will be able to see the newly converted WETH in your token list.
Convert WETH to ETH
You can also follow the same steps to convert WETH to ETH (using MetaMask as an example):
1. Click the "Swap" button and select WETH as the token to be swapped and ETH (or any other desired token) as the target token for the swap.
2. After confirming the correct amount and token, click "Swap". Please note that this on-chain interaction will incur gas fees.
3. Once the swap is complete, you will be able to see the converted balance in your token list.